Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Acoustic "Albatross"

I just finished up my acoustic version of Fleetwood Mac's beautiful instrumental, "Albatross". Having never really been a big Fleetwood Mac fan, I was surprised when I looked up an ethereal tune from the documentary, Man on Wire, and found it was from early underrated and overshadowed Peter Green-era Fleetwood Mac. Most people only know the much more popular Lindsay Buckingham/Stevie Nicks Rumors era-Fleetwood Mac material, but they started out as a much more bluesy unit.

Fleetwood Mac, 1969
I ended up layering a lot more tracks than I thought I would have to, since the original is so bare. The original creates a lot of atmosphere using reverb and echo, studio effects that I wanted to avoid for this project.





No comments:

Post a Comment