Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Custom Daddy Mojo Rosetta

Once I went down the cigar box guitar rabbit hole a few years ago, I stumbled upon the 6-string biscuit cone cigar box guitar made by Daddy Mojo Instruments. Based in Montreal, Lenny makes a number of amazing instruments from more traditional cigar box guitars to art deco diner table-themed guitars. I've used the 6-string biscuit cigar box repeatedly, but just last week I received a custom-made Rosetta biscuit cone guitar. I've always been a fan of the old Gibson archtop guitars, so Daddy Mojo's Rosetta models immediately caught my eye. But Lenny created a whole new model, and I encouraged him to create what came to him as an artist - I felt like I would just request paint jobs and designs that I already had. What he went with turned out amazing, and the pick-up sounds like something between a Telecaster and a National, which I love. Lenny refers to the finish as creme brulee, but being from Wisconsin, it looks more smoked gouda to me. The disc pattern is similar to old Collegeian Nationals, or the phases of the Florida sun which never goes away.



No comments:

Post a Comment